The School of Engineering and Technology (SET) is an institution of learning that shall have an international seat of excellence in Engineering and Technology education by providing its students with meticulous and up-to-date academic programs with generous opportunities for the engagement in creative pursuits. And also shall produce men and women who are highly competent in the field of engineering and technology able to assume leadership roles and active involvement in national development for the improvement of man’s life and his environment.
The mission of the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) commits to enhance the potentials of its students and train them to become highly competent in the field of engineering and technology through the implementation of learner centered and inquiry-based curricula that is anchored in technical competence and rich in humanities and social sciences that will inculcate professional ethics.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
The School of Engineering and Technology offers the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
The program educational objectives of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program are to prepare the student so that three to five years after completing the program, the graduate will:
- Be employed in the information technology profession and will be engaged in learning, understanding and applying new ideas and technologies as the field evolves.
- Have participated in further professional development such as pursuing graduate studies and employing the learning skills taught in the Information technology program.
- Be informed and involved members of their communities and responsible information technology professionals.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Students graduating with the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree should have demonstrated the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of information technology and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the information technology requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of information technology on individuals, organizations and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for information technology practice.
- An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- Produce graduates with necessary background of technical skills to WORK PROFESSIONALLY in following areas: Computer Hardware and Software Design, Computer Based System, Computer Network Design and Electronic Design Automation.
- Produce graduates who are highly COMPETENT in Filed of Computer Engineering and Assure leaders’ role and active involvement in national development for the improvement of man’s life and environment.
- Produce graduates with the ability to work MEMBER OF A TEAM, composed of individuals’ different disciplines and a broad sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility.
- Produce graduates with STRONG ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS and have capacity to produce effective technical document and to use current communication techniques and tools.
- Produce graduates with the capacity to engage continuous self-improvement, person enrichment and professional development through research and entering and succeeding ADVANCE DEGREE PROGRAM in Computer Engineering and other field.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex engineering problems;
- Ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to design a system component , or process to meet desire needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability in accordance with standards;
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to identify , formulate, and solve complex engineering problems;
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Broad education necessary to understand to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context;
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues;
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice; and
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.