The Research and Development Office
Research is one of the three key functions of higher educational institutions (HEIs), amongst instruction and extension. In keeping the philosophy and objectives of Emilio Aguinaldo College towards the fulfillment of its Vision-Mission, the College strives to keep up with the challenges and demands brought about by changes in the socio-economic condition of the country. The College aims generally for the service of humanity through its relevant research programs and projects. The mission of the school is primarily to develop a total person of broad tolerant and intelligent perspective, able to enhance his quality of life and contribute to the total development of the country through quality education in the field of Art, Science and Technology of Radiologic practices.
The Research and Development Office was created by the Board of Trustees in its regular meeting held last August 22, 1994 with Cecilia P. Reyes, Ph.D. as its founding Director. The RDO aims to utilize its human resource in formulating and conducting research programs/projects within the priority areas of the institution and of the national government. Specifically, the office aims to:
- To develop the research capacity and capability of the faculty and students
- To establish research culture in the institution
- To encourage researchers to establish collaboration with students and researchers in other institutions
The Institution has forged linkages with different partners in pursuit of its research goals.
These include government agencies, non-government organizations, professional organizations, local government units, and other academic institutions.
- PAPSCU Excellent Academic Research Link (PAPSCU-PEARL)
- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD)
- Philippine Health Research Ethics Board (PHREB)
- Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
- National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
- Southern Tagalog Consortium for Industry and Energy Research and Development (STCIERD)
- Network of Cavite Laguna Batangas Rizal Quezon Educational Institutions (NoCEI)
Research Agenda and Priority Areas
Institutional Research Agenda (AY 2016-2021)
Scope and Criteria for Determining Research Agenda and Priorities In formulating the EAC Research Agenda, the Research and Development Office has been guided by the following principles:
- The EAC Research Agenda shall be in line with the National Higher Education Research Agenda 2 (NHERA-2), the DOST/NRCP Research Agenda and priorities of other funding agencies;
- EAC thrusts and programs as well as faculty-researchers’ expertise and capability; and
- The research shall involve the participation of faculty and students.
Guided by the above principles there are research undertakings that shall be given consideration:
- Basic research that generate new knowledge and advance the frontiers in the various disciplines;
- Research in aid of policy and development of programs that can be implemented to solve problems, issues and challenges face by the College as well as the nearby community;
- Research aimed at producing technology-based modules/programs; and
- Health research producing herbal medicine, improved diagnostic technique / physical therapy for special group of people.
Research Priority Areas (AY 2016-2021)
- Food Security and Functional Foods
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Climate Change, Environment, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- Smart System and Application Development
- Lifestyle and Infectious Diseases
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Health Information Technology
- Community Development
- Culture, Gender and New Media
- Human Security
- Educational Development
- Institutional Services Development
- Incubation House for Products Development
- Alumni Graduate Tracer Study
Ad Hoc Committee
As part of the Research Ad Hoc Committee, their main functions are as follows:
- Verifies, reviews and updates the policies and guidelines in the research manual;
- Recommends and standardizes the incentive schemes for research presentations and publications; and
- Recommends scholarly papers/projects for exemplary awards.
As part of the Ethical Review Panel, their main functions are as follows:
- Reviews research proposals and protocols endorsed by the Deans/Heads of the different Schools and Departments; and
- Ensures that ethics in research is adhered to.
As Research Coordinators, their main functions are as follows:
- Review, formulate, recommend and monitor the implementation of research policies and guidelines;
- Identify potential researchers and facilitate conceptualization of students, teaching and non-teaching research projects;
- Screen research proposals and evaluate outputs; and
- Coordinate the tasks and activities of RDO with different Schools and Departments.
Institutional Research Journal
- Faculty Research Journal
- Student Research Journal