SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE
The EAC School of Dental Medicine envisions itself to be the leading institution in the Philippines providing excellent 21st century dental education committed to the transformation of students into compassionate and competent dental professionals for the advancement and welfare of the community.
The mission of EAC School of Dental Medicine is to provide a student-centered, competency-based academic environment that will develop and equip its students with well-rounded theoretical foundation and excellent skills to be able to render high quality patient care and service, be able to assume
leadership roles in the community, be able to undertake research, and to live the core values of Virtue, Excellence, and Service.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Doctor of Dental Medicine program aims to produce graduates who are adept in the prevention, diagnosis, identification and management of oral needs and diseases of the individual and the community (CMO No. 03, Series of 2018).
Specifically, it aims to:
- Provide opportunities for quality and relevant dental education to enhance student experiences and develop competencies for the promotion of oral and overall health of the individual and the community, and thus provide accessible quality dental care to all as guided by the Professional Code of Ethics;
- Develop the totality of being of students through values formation, establishment of good human relations with peers and the community, and advocacy for physical, mental and spiritual wellness as guided by the Supreme Being;
- Offer an environment for the development of good communication skills in both English and Filipino, and the acquisition of constructive leadership, research, collaboration and entrepreneurial skills,
- Provide avenues for the inculcation of cultural and national values and high regard for one’s national identity while achieving a globally competitive personality;
- Conduct co-curricular and extra-curricular programs that will develop in the learner a deep sense of personal and corporate social responsibility; and,
- Develop processes to promote life-long learning and continuing professional education and development.